1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Next/Previous Song Control Bug with USB Device

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by karabits, Oct 30, 2012.

1. karabits

karabits Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I’m on Entune 2.0.1, but this issue may affect earlier Entune systems as well.

When the car is shut off and turned on again while a song is playing via USB flash drive, the song which was playing when the car was shut off starts to play again, however song advance/back buttons (steering wheel controls as well as “SEEK - TRACK” and “ENTER - LIST - TUNE - SCROLL” controls on Display Audio unit) no longer advance/go back songs. These controls do seek when long pressed, but there is no way to advance/go back songs until the car is shut off and turned on again.

I mainly listen to audio via USB flash drive, but this may also affect the operation of other USB devices/CD/Bluetooth and possibly all inputs. It seems to occur if the car has been off for a few seconds or minutes before being "restarted".

Has anyone else experienced this minor annoyance?

2. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I get most of my music form a USB drive as well, and I haven't found that to be the case with my unit. As you mention, the song that was playing when the car was shut off, starts playing again right where it left off, and there is a short delay(Toyota logo on the display), while the drive syncs with the head unit. But as as soon as the display shows the song title, both the Seek button on the dash and the up/down buttons on the steering wheel work to change to the next song.

It doesn't seem to make any difference how long the car has been off. I just went out to my car for lunch. It had been off for 4 hours, and both advance/back buttons worked. And it works the same when I play songs on my phone through BLuetooth, although the response is a bit slower.

karabits likes this.
  3. karabits

karabits Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for your input, rjdriver. It appears to happen most often when I have the car off for a shorter amount of time - like a matter of seconds. If this is the case, I suppose this isn't going to affect many people. I mean, who turns their car off only to turn it on again a few seconds later...besides me, that is. :p

However, if the "incomplete shutdown" before restart causes a malfunction to this system, I wonder if any other systems (i.e., VSC, ABS, etc.) are also affected. Maybe I should just stop worrying and not shut my car down for only seconds at a time.

4. krneidigh

krneidigh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    For USB I use iPod and some of the tracks lock the controls if they are playing and I turn off the car. So that when I get back in the track is now playing slow and I can't navigate with any controls, but the screen. After I switch tracks everything works fine. I know the tracks that play slow and I try to avoid turning off the car on them. I also listen to audiobooks and some of them just play fast upon turning on the car. I have tried different iPODs but the same applies with the same tracks and they don't do it on aftermarket stereos.

5. singincpa

singincpa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just got my 2013 Prius last week, and I've already discovered this particular bug with my USB. Wonder if they're going to fix it...

karabits likes this.
  6. RogerPriusTX

RogerPriusTX New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I don't have Entune installed, but when I'm listening to the USB (which is what I do most of the time), the audio system seems to randomly re-start the track. For a 3-minute song, I don't mind, but sometimes I listen to old-time radio shows (about 30 min) or audio books with long chapters, and restarting is annoying.