1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Next stop: $3.35 per gallon, according to fuel experts

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Screaming Red, Apr 5, 2007.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    so our trip home this summer is going to be overshadowed by how much more it's costing us this time. awesome.

2. John in LB

John in LB Life is good

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Apr 9 2007, 06:28 AM) [snapback]420265[/snapback]</div>
    Did you forget all those people in Prii running up and down the road just to play with their cars and trying to see how high they can make their MPG numbers look?

Bottom line here is that energy is consumed by all of us in every manner of life. It doesn't just impact cars. Sorry folks - if you live in the cold climate - that's less efficient than living in a more temperate climate. If you live in the wide open spaces and have to drive hundreds of miles to get anywhere - too bad, move in closer and commute less. If you want to go fishing - you do not have a G-d given right to a big camping trailer and tow package.

Each person has some excuse or justification for why their lifestyle requires a certain level of energy consumption. Its not just cars - its every element of our life.

The current situation is not about greed - or trying to find a party to blame. It is the simple fact that the world is using too much oil and there is not enough of it around. So somebody has to cut back - I don't care if it is the poor, or the guys in China or people in Idaho. It does not matter - as long as they all use less of the stuff.

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I saw $3.45 for Chevron regular in downtown LA yesterday. This morning I paid $3.29, Costco Azusa. I thing we're already there, $3.35 is just a waypoint on the road to higher price, for sure, not the end result.

4. mcsj

mcsj Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skruse @ Apr 5 2007, 11:11 PM) [snapback]418633[/snapback]</div>
    I second to that. If $10/gal can make people (including myself) consider buying smaller cars, buying Priuses, or use public transportation, I don't mind paying $7/gal more.

We WILL be paying $10/gal either way, if we don't change our habits.

5. SassySRT

SassySRT New Member

Gas in my area has been in the 3.30 range for a couple of months now.

6. malibucarl

malibucarl Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SassySRT @ Apr 30 2007, 04:24 PM) [snapback]432749[/snapback]</div>

Price of 87 Oct. REG is $3.40 PLUS in West Los Angeles County.
    Carl

7. dnoh

dnoh New Member

I remember my friend told me, unless the gas price hits $4+, he won't even think about buying a Prius. I guess he is going to buy one very soon. Then again, this is a rich friend who thinks driving luxurious European car is the only why he can fit into his high society, so he will probably stay with his Porsche SUV which btw gets about 14MPG. Perhaps he'll seriously think about buying a hybrid if the gas hits $5+.