1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Next up for the Prius Family - The Prius t for Truck?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Jan 11, 2011.

1. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would like to see 40mpg from this truck. it wouldn't be too hard. with my 1.5 litre, i have no problems towing or hauling concrete and lumber. i even have towed several cars in the past, over mountain passes.

with the 1.8 litre it would be quicker than any small truck around it. it would get about the same mileage as a few older ones but it would outpace it with comfort, tech, and anything else you compare...

a lot of you say the F150 guys would laugh at it.. and so would the diesel guys... not true for all. i know people who drive f350's and f150's. (chipped and non chipped) who are waiting for this vehicle.

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Whadya mean bring back? Toyo still makes the 4 popper Tacomas. Any Tacoma that is not a Prerunner, double cab or X-runner, IIRC has the 4 cyl, I think it's 2.7L.

3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmmm, wonder where they would put the battery.

Also, the Tacos are still RWD, but seems the HSD really must be front wheel drive.

Tough to picture AWD hybrid. Seems FE would go to pot.

4. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I my wife has a double cab Tacoma and there is enough room under or behind the rear seats. Might be hard to fit a battery in a single cab.

I know it's a different manufacturer and a different hybrid system but the Chevrolet Tahoe and Silverado are both RWD. GM placed the battery under the rear seat. The Silverado hybrid and it's cousin the Sierra hybrid could also be had in 4WD.

ADW would be nice I wonder if the Rav4 EV or hybrid could still be had in 4WD.