1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nextel Blackberry w/Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by journeygirl1, Jan 18, 2005.

1. journeygirl1

journeygirl1 New Member

I am considering upgrading my Nextel phone to a Blackberry. It is currently the only model that has Bluetooth capability thru Nextel. Has anyone had experience connecting this type of phone/PDA with the Prius?

-=Amber=-

=======================
    Amber Sapp
    2005 Silver #6
    Avg MPG = 48.2 since 10/21/04

2. jkark

jkark New Member

Hi - the 7100t works very well on its own or paired to a headset (I use Jabra). While I have found that listening to calls in the Prius works great, talking is another matter entirely. About half the time, my callers can't hear me. So, please take that under advisement. This has been the case for me with ANY bluetooth phone I have used with Prius so far. Therefore, I don't think it's a problem with the phone but the interaction with the Prius.

Here's another thread regarding this fyi:

http://priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?...p?p=66558#66558

3. BronxSalsa

BronxSalsa New Member

4. BronxSalsa

BronxSalsa New Member

I am also considering the Blackberry 7520. I use a Nextel at work and my PDA (Visor Prism) just fried, so I want a bluetooth phone with a PDA. Haven't heard yet from the Nextel folks if this will work with my 2004 Prius

5. luca

luca New Member

I have no issues at all when talking, people can hear me pretty well. Using a Motorola V551 no complaints whatsoever.

6. macoldschool

macoldschool New Member

I have a BB 7100 that is paired up with my Prius. I can hear fine through the speaker, and nobody has complained about not being able to hear me. The only frustration is that I cannot sync up the address book to the Prius. I think I read somewhere on this forum that this is not possible because the BB address book has more fields in it other than name and phone number, and the Prius address book is just limited to names and phone numbers.

7. the fish

the fish Member

Don't know if this is much help, but someone I work with has a BB 8700 and they let me pair with my Prius. The call quality was the same as my Samsung a920 but the battery and signal meter worked and incoming call number displayed the digits.

8. RunninDover

RunninDover New Member

I have a Blackberry 8700c (Cingular). The Handsfree pairing was straight-forward, I just followed the pairing instructions in the manual, then enabled Bluetooth, under the Settings menu on the Blackberry device.

It autoconnects whenever I start the car (and am carrying my Blackberry of course). The MFD displays signal strength and battery level, although the battery level indicator is usually way off.

It picks up incoming calls and does voice-activated (e.g., "Call so-and-so") dialing flawlessly. No one has complained about my voice clarity on the other end of the call.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to sync-up the address book, but gave-up and am convinced that it's not going to happen with a Blackberry. <_<

9. Watercrake

Watercrake New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RunninDover @ Mar 6 2006, 06:57 AM) [snapback]220997[/snapback]</div>

Did you ever figure out how to sync your address book? I just bought a brand-spanking new 2007 and can't get it to work either. Let me know if you got it going, please.

10. pirus_2005

pirus_2005 New Member

11. Tojo

Tojo New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I also have been trying to get my BB 7100i to transfer the address book with no luck. The bluetooth setup was simple for the hands free to work, but no indicator on how to transfer the address book.

I'm contacting Sprint/Nextel tech support (7100i purchased through them), but don't expect much help.

Anyone with a ray of hope on this?