1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nextgentuning Rear Sway Bars

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Glen Marr, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Glen Marr

Glen Marr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    It would be interesting to see this bolt up...
    [​IMG]
    VS the single rear sway bar upgrade like the one I did...HERE
    [​IMG]

3. Glen Marr

Glen Marr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just installed the same Progress rear sway on mine a couple weeks ago. The Nextgentuning rear sway bolts directly to the struts and is something that may be added in addition to the standard torsion beam rear sways.

On a different note, I just ordered a 2006 Matrix front sway bar. I got the idea from your prior posts and will be following your DIY instructions for the install.

Currently I have the BT Tech chassis stiffening plate (did absolutely nothing), the Tanabe front under brace (notable improvement in front end response), and Progress rear sway (notable improvement in rear end response). I intend to install B&G springs, Tanabe front strut tower brace, and Matrix front sway (all of which are in the mail). Once I tackle those projects I'm ordering a set of Motegi MR125 17x7.5 with some 205/50's. I had ordered a set of 18" Motegi SP10's but returned them as they seemed a little to big for what I want.

4. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

Seems like once ur done with all that, you'll be surprised how much better the lil car handles. (y) I know i was!!

5. Glen Marr

Glen Marr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, so far with just a couple chassis upgrades I can see the potential. I just bought my '07 touring a few months ago used and almost bought a newer insight instead because I liked the stock handling better on the Honda. When I was debating between the two I knew I could make the Prius handle better with just a few add-ons. Very happy with my decision.

Did you ever install the greasable poly bushings for the front sway mod? I think I remember reading somewhere that the nozzle/grease channel wouldn't clear.