1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NHW20 Front Hub Flange Thread

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mxxxo, Jan 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. mxxxo

mxxxo New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,
    First post, I hope I`m not violating any rules here.

Does someone have information, what the h*ll is the wheel bearing flange thread size of NHW20 front axle.
    To sound less foolish, I`m using the bearing assembly for a project due to its suitable mechanical properties, no cars would be harmed !
    I`ve found the bolt part number 90105-10469 , but no info about it whatsoever.

upload_2021-1-20_2-19-32.png
    Tried Metric M10x1.5, Imperial 3/8-16 (UNC), Imperial 3/8-24 (UNF) to no avail !

Thanks for your time in advance & sorry for the lousy English.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Your English works fine here. FYI, you're moderated for five (5) posts, which can cause delays in posting and replying.

Try one with a 1.25mm pitch, and you may want a 'hardened' flange bolt for this application.

Of course we're curious what the "project" is?

mxxxo, Raytheeagle and PriusCamper like this.
  3. mxxxo

mxxxo New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you SFO, M10x1.25 it is !
    I want to use the bearing to support the center of a large abstract painting, in order to be able to rotate it and get "another" abstract painting.
    Got it from a scrap yard (the hub, not the painting :) ), and found it was Prius by the product number.

Thanks again !

SFO likes this.
  4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the artist allows, it would be great if you could post images of the painting in the various abstracted forms.

Just copy and paste the image(s) into the reply field (like you would with text), don't worry about image hosting and other websites.