1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Night time reflection on windshield!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mcslain, Jan 19, 2006.

1. mcslain

mcslain Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of the odometer reflection on the windshield that can be so annoying at night? Sometimes when this thing bugs me I throw a book or something up there. This solves the glare issue, but then I can't see how fast I'm driving... which is also annoying. I've thought about various taping solutions.. or extending the overhang of the plastic above the display. I wanted to check if anyone had a real quality suggestion on this though before I tried to hack it myself. Also, I drive a 2005... not sure if this is a problem in other years, and I pray they fixed it for the 2006 folks.

Thanks
    -mcslain

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I believe Marlin had the idea of using black felt (and double stick tape) to make the opening smaller on the dash itself. The side closest to you should be sufficient.

3. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

how about just dimming the odometer?

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a little thumbwheel control on the dash left of the steering wheel which controls the display brightness. Try it.