1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nine months later, still discovering new things

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by MsTee, Oct 29, 2017.

1. MsTee

MsTee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    I bought the 2012 Prius C back in February, or was it March. A couple of days ago I got a bit of a scare. I was primed to be nervous, because I'd just stupidly dinged the back of the car (anyone know a good panel beater? Just kidding.)

Anyway, with the day warming up I thought I'd pop open the windows instead of turning on the air conditioner. The driver's window went down but for the life of me I couldn't open the passenger window. I then tried the back windows. Nope. They wouldn't budge.

"I'd best check the fuses", I thought to myself, though it struck me as odd that the drivers window would be on a separate fuse. "I hope it's not the motor", was the next thought.

Finally I looked at the buttons on the driver's door, which I'd not taken much notice of previously. It turned out that one of them locks the windows.

What a relief :)

I wonder what other surprises are in store?

2. davids45

davids45 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    G'day MsTee,
    A very handy button when driving with door-to-door grandchildren in the back who like to play with their reachable buttons and poke bits of themselves out of the window.
    Like most new cars, with one window down, there are air-bumps/thumps if travelling at any speed, so that's a second reason to keep that button depressed.
    The only problem can be the front-seat passenger/manager gets upset if she can't open her window :rolleyes: .
    David S.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    now that you have a ding, there's no more need to worry.:)

MsTee likes this.
  4. MsTee

MsTee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    It was animals in my last car. The window buttons were in the middle between the driver's and passenger's front seat. Our dogs would step on them every time they jumped about :) They usually picked the button that opened all the windows at the same time, of course. A bit like our current kitty, who just has to leap onto the laptop keyboard several times a day, and almost always hits the power off button!

5. MsTee

MsTee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    You're right of course.

I hate it that it happened - am still hurting :(. I have to get it repaired asap. I think it can be bashed out and touched up, without needing any panel replacement. Hope so.

bisco likes this.