1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nitrous Injection

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by t0pgear, Nov 30, 2013.

1. t0pgear

t0pgear Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Much appreciation for your support. I mean no harm or disrespect to any other members when I emphatically disagree and I appreciate your comments as a moderator. I hope that long term this project can create some international attention. Hopefully if we are able to tackle this project and learn what needs to be done, such a drastic mod could be cheaper for others down the road. I understand this car was not built for this sort of thing, but I supposed that makes the project all the more exciting. If we get it to work, we'll probably even beat the landspeed Prius record *gasp* Parts will be broken, but "Damn the icebergs!!" haha

Oh and one more thing, a certain member calling me "kid" was incredibly insulting and disrespectful, you have no idea who I am, what I do, or anything about me as a person. I'd never insult another person like that, let alone someone I know nothing about.... Oh well, reflected more on said member than myself I suppose...

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I confess to being confused how showing what has already been done, and setting reasonable expectation is 'hate'. I felt I was active in this thread until it jumped the shark. After that, not so much. I truly feel a 130 HP Prius engine should be attainable and sustainable. I have no hint how I could be helpful with a 234 HP Prius other than picking up the pieces that land in Mississippi and mailing them back to you. None the less, I wish you well in that endeavor, I just strongly doubt Toyota made the engine, transaxle, drive train, or braking system capable of surviving 2.5 times the stock power.

These threads will grow to enormous size if we cannot use acronyms after the first use of a term.
    If I were forced to keep typing Motor/Generator each time, my posts would ramble on even more than they do. There may be other styles of Modding, but I would need to know how the car worked now, before I could hope to improve how it worked later.

3. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I read all three parts of the super charger article. I think the important result was that even though getting the extra power to the wheels was not so successful, it worked very well in keeping the HV battery charged under extreme conditions like hill climbing.