1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NJ Proposes No Tax on "Green" Products

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Somechic, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's just in its proposal stage, but this should be interesting and I think a good thing. Not just for the green reasons, but because I think NJ taxes its citizens too much.

Buying green could save consumers some green under a new bill that proposes eliminating New Jersey's sales tax on energy-efficient products.
    The legislation would do away with the state's 7 percent sales tax on all Energy Star products - including refrigerators, air conditioners, ceiling fans and fluorescent light bulbs - that are certified by the federal government as energy efficient.
    For full article, click here Bill would drop state sales tax on energy-efficient purchases

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I agree that this is a good initiative. It's forward thinking ... which is something our reps in Trenton aren't exactly known for. Yes, the state would lose revenue, but with the financial troubles we're having I don't think this would make that much difference.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's a good idea. But will have to be monitored, as all companies will want to put "green" on their labels to take advantage of the business.

Sorta like putting "hybrid" on cars and trucks that really...aren't.