1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No audio from front speakers

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by TxMedic83, Jan 3, 2021.

1. TxMedic83

TxMedic83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I replaced a broken passenger side mirror today, and after the replacement, I have no front audio on my C.

My front speakers are aftermarket. Checked the dome fuse and it’s fine, left the fuse out for a while to see if a powerless reset would fix it with no luck. Pulled the head unit and re-seated all the harnesses, with no change.

When I move the fader to the front channels, I lose audio completely suggesting that only the rear speakers are putting out sound.

Can anyone offer any troubleshooting suggestions? I can’t understand why both left and right front audio is out. This occurs in all modes, not just Bluetooth.

Thanks!

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If the speakers are aftermarket then I'd immediately start by checking the wiring and connections at the speakers.

You were working inside one of the doors, so there's a possibility of unintentional disruption.

If you still have the head unit out, you can probe the front speaker lines with a meter- should tell you if the wires are connected, not shorted etc.