1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No bleeping beeps

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by KCWhitney, Oct 15, 2017.

1. KCWhitney

KCWhitney Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I didn't ask for a rental. I am covered for it, and they would have extended the rental as long as the repair takes. I have a second car, and I find I haven't needed a rental, yet. I can still rent one, if I need one. I am trying to keep the costs of this incident as low as possible, even though it probably won't be noticed, or benefit me directly.

Prodigyplace likes this.
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Our body shop has their own loaner cars, seems like no pressure that way: they've got a certain number of loaners, and only have a small amount of vehicles in for repair.

3. MarcBenjamin

MarcBenjamin Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I wonder if the efficiency would be very different if the insurance company is loosing money daily on the claim.

4. KCWhitney

KCWhitney Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well, they finally finished the car repair, I just picked it up. All looks good.

There is a lesson for everyone in this story. Even though It might seem like a good idea at the time, void backing into telephone poles at all costs.

5. KCWhitney

KCWhitney Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Before I let this drop, I have to give credit to the tech who stuck with this and apparently fixed it right. The issue was a lamp that would go out, but it was in an unrelated part of the car. They could have easily said, "Ship it", and I would have had to deal with repeated trips back to the shop. It took time, but as I said, I believe they did it right.

Montgomery, Mendel Leisk and Mark57 like this.
  6. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad it worked out right. We hear about the good tech's too infrequently.