1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Clazzio Seat Covers for the PIP

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by LenP, Feb 13, 2012.

1. LenP

LenP Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I planned on getting Clazzio Leather seat covers for my basic PIP. I found out because of the extra cooling vents in rear of this model, that they aren’t available.
    They contacted the company for me, and gave me this response.

“Unfortunately Clazzio doesn't offer covers for this type of seat yet, sorry for the inconvenience. We should begin offering them in the summer of this year.â€

2. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    While I was browsing the PiP owners manual last night, I saw the vent located in the rear seat-back on the passenger side. The same vent is on the Gen3 Prius from what I can tell.

There is also a vent on the driver side, under the rear seat cushion, by the feet. But that doesnt seem like it would interfere with the seat cover? Is that the one they are referring to?

Edit:

I see it most likely is the driver side vent. I thought it was near the feet but its actually in the bottom cushion itself. In that case, it sounds like Katzkin leather upholstery is out too, at least until they make a PiP specific one..

Attached Files:

3. LenP

LenP Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I sent them a picture of the seat. I'm sure it could be modified, but best to wait and see what they can do.

4. GCPExit12

GCPExit12 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    any updates...? i might take a crack at modifying the thing...