1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Crank, No Start, No Drive & No Reverse on Prius V 2015 Gen 3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by NukeDuke, Dec 30, 2022.

1. NukeDuke

NukeDuke New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I did some work cleaning out the EGR cooler and EGR value and the air intake system. After putting it back together the ICE will not come on, no cranking sound. When I move to drive or reverse the engine will not start or engage the electric motors, and the car goes into Neutral and ask for me to place it into park, showing a warning sign to press the park button. The 12 volt battery is showing 13.8volts, the Hybrid batter is showing charged. No error codes found or pending. Ideas? Thanks You - Byron

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would look for slightly dislodged wires/connectors in the area you were working.

any trouble lights?

btw, you're not reading the 12v correctly, that's the inverter charging voltage.

read it with the car off, then put a load on it with lights/fan/radio etc. and see what it drops to

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Did you pull the hybrid battery plug, or whatever it's called?

bisco and NukeDuke like this.
  4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This is what most first posts say when someone has used a scan tool that wasn't able to communicate with all the ECUs in a Prius, and so it did not show the trouble codes that are present.

The most dependable way forward is to obtain (or take the car to someone who has) a scan tool that can show what the trouble codes are, and then report those here.

5. NukeDuke

NukeDuke New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think this was it, when I put the safety plug back in it was still in the unlocked position and needed to be locked into position. Thanks for your quick help.

Mendel Leisk likes this.