1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

no cruise control indicator?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by longneck, Nov 27, 2005.

1. longneck

longneck New Member

ok, sure, there's a light that comes on when you have the CC system powered on, but how come no light to show that it's actively controlling your speed?

this drives me nuts because sometimes i use cancel to coast for a bit, then hit resume to, well, resume. except in the case of the prius, cancel forgets your previous speed and won't resume (unlike my honda odyssey where you can cancel and resume).

has anyone investigated adding an indicator to the dash to show that CC is active? or repurpose the power light?

2. kinged

kinged New Member

I am not aware of any car that actually show that CC is active. It is just an on/off indicator that you have activated cruise control.

3. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

For me, if my foot needs to be on the accelerator, it is NOT engaged. :D

Cancel doesn't make it forget the speed; dropping below 25 MPH does. Same as all Toyotas (as far as I know) since my '86 Celica...

BTW, my '86 Celica only has a power on/off light too.

4. longneck

longneck New Member

my honda does have such an indicator. also, my toyota previa and nissan maxima had them.

5. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My Nissan Maxima and the Quest we had before our Sienna only turned on the dashboard light when the system was actually controlling cruise. This makes way more sense to me, and I've not liked the behavior in our Sienna or Avalon, where it turns the light on when the system is turned on. I also really hate how the speed is forgotten when falling below 25; it removes about 90% of the usage of the resume button -- again, this didn't happen in the Nissans. Oh well.

6. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My 1993 Buick Centry does and so does my 1995 Buick Regal.

There is no indicator for the cruise being activated, just really being used.