1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No dashboard dimmer?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Ivan Chiquiar, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Ivan Chiquiar

Ivan Chiquiar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi! Since three days ago I'm the happy owner of a Prius Gen2 2008. I believe is a basic model: no NAV, no rear cam, no parking sensors, no bluetooth... Anyway, it suprised me a lot the absolute absence of a dimmer to regulate the intensity of dashboard lights (speed, fuel, etc...) It's really difficult to see them during day driving. I also realized that the dashboard is less intense when I turn on the exterior light.
    Owner's manual shows the dimmer at the left of the driving wheel. What i've found there is the exterior light height regulator and two more panels where a button can perfectly fit, but there's nothung there.
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks

2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations, and welcome, Ivan.

Interesting. If, by exterior light, you mean headlights, I did not know there was an adjustment inside the car. The manual for my wife's '07 shows the dimmer wheel where you describe it in your manual. I wonder if European models are different in that regard.

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 8.07.46 AM.png

3. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    In European models headlight level control is where North American model has instrument panel dimmer.

Instrument panel dimmer button is next to trip button under the MFD with hazard warning switch.

jerrymildred likes this.