1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No display of tire pressures for 2017 Four?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by dslomer64, Dec 19, 2016.

1. dslomer64

dslomer64 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I test drove a Camry Hybrid XLE before deciding on a Four. The Camry has a display of tire pressures but apparently the Four doesn't. After going through all the menus and not finding such, I consulted the manual (need manual for manual). No mention of such display. I'm hoping I'm just missing where to find it. But it's just not there, is it? Would be handy. Why none? Why on Camry?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The tyre pressures are printed on a placard in the driver's door frame. In the 2016 manual, the back page has a drawing of the car indicating which page "Tyre inflation pressure" can be found. Not sure if 2017 is the same?

3. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Do you mean the Tire Pressure Monitoring System as in a dynamic display while driving?

4. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm pretty sure the OP is asking how to display the tire pressure on one of the displays. This was a question I had when I bought my Prius as well. My cheap Chevy had it and when I read the promotional materials about the Prius, "tire pressure monitoring" to me also meant displaying the data. A trip through the user's manual told me otherwise.

The monitoring system will let you know when the tires are low with a warning. It won't tell you what pressure is in the tires. For me it's an inconvenience but it did motivate me to accurately check and inflate my tires more frequently. So.... there it is.

RCO and Sooner Al like this.
  5. dslomer64

dslomer64 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    The Prius has never displayed the actual tire pressure. It only warns you when it drops about 20% below the set value (the pressure in each tire when you set the TPMS system - and it is on a per wheel basis). The Prius also does not know which tire is low when one is. Or at least it's not telling us. ;)

RCO likes this.
  7. bhtooefr

bhtooefr Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The car knows exact tire pressure per tire - Techstream will show you that. So, it also knows which one is low, it just won't tell you.

RCO likes this.
  8. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You'd think with the software capability of the machine.... it wouldn't be that much of an issue to provide that info in one of the screens. It would be a lot easier than putting a little sleeve on the window shades to extend them. These are my two biggest gripes.

I'm still a happy camper.

RCO likes this.