1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No electric torque

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by arniesalsared, Sep 24, 2012.

1. arniesalsared

arniesalsared Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's a hot 110 degree day in my 08, we have 5 in the family. Parked for three hours and on return starts up normally. Noticed low torque and slow acceleration on take off. Got on the freeway and slowly got up to 65MPH with obviously only the ICE working.

Used the reader and no codes?? Next morning all normal again?? Software glitch?

Has anyone seen this one?

2. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think it's just the temperature of the batteries, if the pack is too hot then it tries to use less electric power.

After you stop the car, there may still be some heat coming out of the battery pack, so the battery temperature can continue to rise even after you park. Then with it sitting in the heat I think that the battery gets a little too hot. After you start to drive the battery gets more air circulation and eventually cools enough to start performing properly again.