1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NO "Go Home" on Voice Navigation Prius V

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by HaveNoCents, Dec 31, 2011.

1. HaveNoCents

HaveNoCents Conservative Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2011 Prius with DVD Navigation, and now a 2012 Prius V. I cannot believe there is no "Go Home" command for voice navigation on the new system. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Does anyone know whether this system can be updated either on the fly or at the dealer in the future? The voice recognition is not nearly as good as on the 2011 system.

I also cannot understand why the internet cannot be accessed from an IPhone 4 unless you are wired in with entune. Is this a Toyota problem, or an Apple problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think you can set "Home" as a favorite, then say "Favorite Home" to do the same thing as "Go Home" in your 11'.

The systems can be updated easily. There is already a spring release scheduled according to Toyota to add more apps.

The USB vs. BT is an implementation choice. The ATP uses BT for iPhone. Some here have said with the ATP they sometimes see an iPod authorization error when using ENTUNE and plugging in the iPhone to USB. Haven't heard of this on the Display Audio system, yet anyway. So, it's probably a little of both.

1 person likes this.
  3. HaveNoCents

HaveNoCents Conservative Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you very much MBRGuru. The favorite worked as you stated. My wife has been driving me absolutely nuts about this, and I could not find anything in the manual, or online.

4. JBird82

JBird82 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I did not have to add Home to favorites in order for the voice command to work with the Go Home feature. I just programmed my home address and now can hit the Voice button and say "Go Home" or "Take Me Home" and it works like a charm. But if that other way works for you (adding it to the favorites list) then keep on keepin' on! :)

5. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, the HDD system has the "Go Home", etc., but the Display Audio is a little different when it comes to VR commands and capabilities. Glad to hear the "Favorite" method worked for you OP.

6. mattheikkila

mattheikkila New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, thanks, so tired of having my car play Phil Collins "Take Me Home" every time I tell it to GPS me to my house.. I've started cutting myself to cope.

1 person likes this.