1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Heat in Cabin

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by 310 Prius Owner, Mar 28, 2020.

1. 310 Prius Owner

310 Prius Owner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have 2010 Prius and I can't get any heat in the cabin. I checked my coolant lines going to and from the heater core and they are getting nice and warm. I watched the servo mix motor and it will rotate when I go from hot to cold. We have about 5 of these Gen 3 Prius so I can borrow parts from one to try on this one. I tried the climate control cluster and still get the same results, no heat.
    Does anyone have any help for me

2. Daniel Richard

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Check to see if your headgasket is blown. There is an easy test. Take the radiator cap off then start the engine. Monitor the coolant reservoir. If the coolant level rises then your head gasket is blown. This would cause a no/limited cabin heat situation, because the blown head gasket is introducing air into the coolant system.

3. 310 Prius Owner

310 Prius Owner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I checked that. The coolant doesn't rise. I am wondering if it isn't something with air mixing baffle. It looked liked someone had done something in that area before. The linkage for the air recirculation baffle was off and I connected that so that is working now. I can see the aor mix motor move all the way same as the car I have that works.

4. pjksr02

pjksr02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You haven't changed coolant, or done work, where you might have trapped air in the heater core, have you?

I'd try cycling, in Auto climate mode, from LO to a couple of times, and see if your servo motor loosens up. Mine had stuck, so that I wasn't getting cold air in the summer, but the servo finally went all the way to cold. There was a code set in Techstream, indicating a servo motor problem - this error code may not be visible unless you have a better-level scan tool.