1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No HID or VSC starting in August?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dstrout, Jul 12, 2005.

1. dstrout

dstrout New Member

Gaithersburg, MD (suburb of Washington, D.C.)
    Gack! That's not a happy thing! I wonder if they will come back in 2006?

2. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Any other additions to BJ such as better handling, seats, sound insulation? Might not be too bad to loose HID/VSC to get the rest. HID is more 'luxury' than is necessary for a 'Toyota', and possibly VSC also. It's more 'sporty' without too.

VSC btw is to keep the car from spinning out, fishtailing, loopy loops, etc in almost any condition through computer controlled individual application of brakes to the wheels. It's an extension of ABS and a pretty good safety measure, esp in rain, or snow? I would like to try it out sometime, if it ever snowed in SoCal. Purposely drove hard into a turn one wet day and VSC light came up and stopped me from sliding the car sideways.. damn.

Now, for those of us that would like to drift the Prius through turns it's impossible with VSC. :)

3. LuckyP

LuckyP New Member

Your post, sir, is retarded. I gave you the information to read yourself. I am not here to spoon feed you the information. It didn't take NuShrike too long to put the blocks together since he read the description for the two package #6 descriptions. I could care less of you think I am full of hot air since you cannot seem to comprehend the information in front of your eyes without someone holding your hand through it.

Maybe I should have clarified I deduced this myself based on the information on the descriptions since it would make no sense for Toyota to offer two package #6 of the same number with different content. Why wouldn't they just call it package #7?

Anyway, next time read a little on your own before you go attacking others and get a prescription for a laxative because clearly you are constipated.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Watch it, LuckyP. We do not tolerate personal attacks on this site and I see your post as a personal attack. Please edit its content immediately.

When you post information, it is always safe to include links to your sources. Otherwise it is easy to be attacked for what people perceive as your opinion. Sufferin' asked you to prove him wrong, all you had to do was post the link to where you found the information.

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Isn't it possible this is just a change being made during one production month while they do some changes to the assembly line? I know with other manufacturers it's fairly commonplace to not offer certain options during certain times of the year while they update/change the line. This could be true while they update the assembly line for the 2006 MY.

6. LuckyP

LuckyP New Member

Danny,

That is not a personal attack to me? In fact, I find it insulting. You said youself that he attacked me since I didn't include the links or proof.

"Otherwise it is easy to be attacked for what people perceive as your opinion."

I didn't know there was a requirement to post links when I already gave references to the sites.

Anyway, I will just refrain from posting any inormation and just read or ask questions.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There is a difference between an attack and a personal attack. A fine line, yes, I'll admit, but still there is a line. Calling someone directly a "retard" is about as personal of an attack as you get. Calling a post's information wimpy is nothing personal toward you, just an opinion toward the information provided.

I request again for you to please edit your post to remove this personal attack.

Now let's continue with this thread as regularly scheduled.

8. LuckyP

LuckyP New Member

Retard is not as peronal as it can't get lol. But anyway per your request, I have editted to a simple attack rather a personal one :lol::guns::cussing:

9. vande23

vande23 New Member

A simple cut and paste from the link from of the URL and this would be all done!

10. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Putting two threads together, maybe this makes sense. It was reported that the 2006 will have different grille and headlight styling. Perhaps because of this sunsetting of the current design, there is a limited number of production HID headlamp assemblies left, with the rest targeted as repair spares.

This would explain why they are not available near the end of this model year, but are likely to be available in the restyled 2006 model year, with its new front end.

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Dang! . . . apparently I missed a real zinger of a personal attack upon my userID. :roll: Shoot!!!!

I say this because after you proclaimed that you “editted to a simple attack rather a personal one†- the above quoted doozy is still there. :lol:

Sorry if you took my post as a personal attack. I was attacking the contents . . . or lack there of.

It’s not just you. Many times people will make some grandiose statement and not back it up with proof.

For instance, your post states:
    By the looks of this KBB page, it looks like to me that:
    1) It IS NOT true . . . Nothing on the page says HID and VCS are going away. BJ is “August Onlyâ€, not “August or later.â€
    2) Vehicles built in August or later WILL have HID and VSC because there are two package #6 shown, BC and BJ of which BC has HID and VSC, and package #4 AM also has HID and VSC.
    3) The price WAS adjusted for the BJ change.

AM Package #4 1,720.00 2,075.00
    Vehicle Skid Control, HID Headlamps.

BC Package #6 4,176.00 5,065.00
    Includes Package #4

BJ Package #6 3,375.00 4,090.00
    (August Production Only)

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ncoe?kb...05TOPR_B;050702

But, because you did not post a link to the material you were refering, I still have no idea what you are talking about. There still may be some other reference on KBB, but I (we) shouldn’t have to exhaust every possibility to confirm your unsubstantiated statements.

Don’t stop posting LuckyP, just provide confirmation links when possible.

P.S. LuckyP, What is that yellow square under the flag in your profile? And why don’t I have one?? :p
    [No Danny

12. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

VSC without HID is entirely possible as Canadian "B" models have VSC and halogen headlights and DRL's. It's just you can't have HID without VSC as it's tied into the VSC computer for the input to the HID computer level control.