1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No iPod Interface No Big Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by pcoll, Aug 6, 2009.

1. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just put the Kensington LiquidAUX into the car and I'm loving it! Maybe not nearly as good as getting a factory Ipod connection but it's great being able to control the Ipod wirelessly and it's a good cheap option for keeping the Ipod charged. :)

Attached Files:

2. accordingly

accordingly Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You can bookmark anything you want- I do it to podcasts all the time. Apple products just don't have that feature apparently.

3. jangell2

jangell2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Does that wireless remote turn the ipod on and off? Say you get into your car first thing in the morning, how do you start up the ipod?

I've never owned an ipod, so when Kensington says it works with ipods, does that include the new Nanos? This has nothing to do with bluetooth does it?

4. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I get into the car I press the play button on the wireless remote to start the Ipod. If you turn the stereo off the the Ipod pauses and turns off as well. I don't know about it's compatibility with Nanos but think it's made to operate all Ipod devices. Nothing to do with Bluetooth though.

5. jangell2

jangell2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    It looks like Kensington has a BT equivalent of this, but it doesn't do ipods. I'd like both. More and more I'm thinking wait 6 months for the aftermarket to mature for the 2010 and replace the head unit.