1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No lights in front.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Cheatonus, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Cheatonus

Cheatonus New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    None of the lights on the front of the car are working, headlights, parking lights. Only the blinkers seem to function. Rear lights are fine. Is this a bad relay? (fuses seem OK, pulled them, checked them visually and with a meter).

Edit to say: 2009, Halogen, and high beams aren't working either.

#1 Cheatonus, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    About the only thing the headlights and parking lights share is the switch on the steering column and the associated wiring harness, so I'd suspect that first. If you dig into it yourself, be careful with the airbag.

Are you certain the rear parking lights work, not just the brake lights? Have you checked the bulbs in front?

Any recent body damage, or signs of rodents?

3. Cheatonus

Cheatonus New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, hadn't thought about the wiring. No rodents, but I'll check some things out. Going to replace the bulbs anyway since they're cheap enough. Sounds like this may be beyond DIY. Thanks for the response!

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If this is a sudden failure, I suggest you inspect the wiring harness and look st the ground point. It is not likely that all bulbs would fail at once.

5. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm thinking it's possible the two front parking light bulbs burned out at different times without being noticed. Now there's a larger problem with the headlight circuit and the hopefully the parking light problem is a red herring. Maybe....

6. Samprocat

Samprocat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    If you are not familiar with electrical blue print on your ....that will be only proper way to know where to start troubleshoot ....
    Sometime is life saver ..having skilled technician to figure this easy