No more remote services on my 2017 Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-Current)' started by Scrogg, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Scrogg

Scrogg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So when I got my 2017 Prius Prime it came with a 3 year subscription to the Safety connect/remote services. Unfortunately that expired so I renewed the service because I wanted to still be able to use the remote climate. I was able to doenload the app and it recognized my car but the remote climate and charge management says please refresh. I refreshed and it does nothing. I called customer support and they inform me that I never had remote services and that my car is not equipped for that. She claims to have gone to 3 different supervisors that all agreed with her. o_O Anyone else having this problem?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    pretty sure there is at least one thread on toyota dropping most of entune since adding carplay and android auto

3. Realshanghai

Realshanghai New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I am having a similar problem with my new to me 2019 prime advanced. It won't take my contract id. I have seen similar posts saying try it after a few days but still no luck.

I was wanting to use the prime apps. I thought they just dropped entune on newer vehicles. Have they discontinued support all together?

4. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I renewed the Safety Connect on my 2017 Advanced when it expired after three years in 2019, and all of the Prime Apps work fine now (I just checked). In their nomenclature, "Prime Apps" are what is called remote services now, such as Vehicle Finder, Charge Management, and Remote Climate. They have dropped almost all of the Entune media apps such as Pandora in my model, and added Alexa. In the 2017-2019 Prime, only the Advanced trim has the built in cell phone required for SafetyConnect (and the Prime Apps). Of course, I have no idea what will happen when it comes time to renew it again next year if I still have this car. They could just say that they have discontinued support for remote apps in my model, and when your current contract expires, the remote functions die.

#4 CharlesH, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    bisco likes this.
  5. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    See your dealer, preferably the one who sold you the car.
    Hopefully you have all the original paperwork and they can help you sort this out.