1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No power. ICE runs constantly. Charging system light.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Neverending, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Neverending

Neverending New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello everybody! My 09 Prius was quickly discharging and giving off hv battery codes. I replaced the hv battery and thought all would be well, but I noticed the hv battery was still discharging pretty quickly. On a drive home I noticed a loss of power and the battery was stuck on full green, with the ICE doing all of the work. It continued to charge although it was full. I got home safely. The next time I turned on my car it immediately began charging, and would not stop. When I tried to drive or reverse, there was almost no power. I recently had the inverter pump and 12v battery replaced. I checked the reservoir and there is turbulence. I have spent hours trying to find the answer to this problem and diagnose it. I noticed a couple other people had a similar problem and people mentioned "rebalancing itself" however I tried letting it run, and it will over charge past green, stop charging(according to the screen) but the ICE continues to run high idle until I turn the car off, with no power when I try to drive. I tried rebooting. The hv battery fan is constantly on. The charging system light is on, along with the check engine, and triangle.
    If somebody knows any better, please help
    Thank you in advance

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    More info please.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles on her?

4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Did you replace the HV battery with a new OEM from toyota, or was this a well used older battery, consisting of mix matched modules?

Do you have any OBD2 codes (DTCs) that you can share with us here?

Raytheeagle likes this.