1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No power to start button

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Vaykool, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Vaykool

Vaykool New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I need help please. My Prius was working fine but yesterday when I went to start it, there was no power to the Power button. I thought it might be 12v battery so I took the battery to have it checked and it was working fine. Next I checked all the fuses under the hood and under the dash. No fuse blown out. When I open the door the car has the regular beep sound but I also hear a click sound from the fuse box under the hood and when I close the door I hear that click again. Not sure if its a bad relay or what. I'm a bit lost, can't take it to the dealership as it won't start and don't want to have it towed and later find out it was a small fix and end up paying for towing. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are any lights on the dash?

do you have a volt meter?

3. burrito

burrito Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you can, check the fuses for continuity to make sure they actually are good, and don't just look good.

bisco likes this.
  4. Calimobber

Calimobber Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Have you tried putting the key into the slot? ive had keys stop working wireless but when I put the key into the slot on the dash it works.

Also try second key both ways. maybe key got messed up. unlocking the door with buttong is totally different then chip starting the car.

Other times I had to remove the key from my pocket in order for it to see the key.