1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Respect On The Freeway

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Manila Ice, Mar 13, 2014.

1. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :DI met one of my neighbors this morning. A "prick" in a Prius. Insult to injury, it was Winter Gray Metallic. As I was approaching a street on my right, to turn right, he/she was approaching straight ahead and cut me off to make a left hand turn. Clearly, I reached the intersection first and had the right away. I was behind the PIP (prick in a Prius) heading out of our neighborhood, and was behind him/her at a traffic light, waiting to make a left turn on the entry ramp to the interstate. Impatiently, he/she turned left on a red light and was gone. As a Prius owner, I expected better from a fellow Prius owner, a little professional courtesy as a minimum.

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In my state, this maneuver is technically legal, as a "left turn onto a one way street, at a stop light, after a full stop". This is a mirror image of the right turn on red rule, but allowed only onto one-way streets, not two ways. Highway onramps count as one-ways.

While these left turns on red are somewhat common on one way surface streets, I almost never see it a highway ramps.

#302 fuzzy1, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  3. Oskar

Oskar Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Having just bought a new Prius and driving it for the past 10 days (avg so far, 60 mpg :)) I pretty much drive as I wish. Never having been a fast driver (usually under 65 on freeways), I feel right at home in the Prius... and am getting the bonus of great mileage as a result. I do try to keep a good speed if there are cars ahead of me, and I always drive in the right-hand lane at my own speed on the freeway. My concern is to not drive so slow that it becomes a problem for other drivers. However if other drivers don't like the way I drive, that's their problem. They always have the option of passing me. I can't help it if they're full of rage, angst, or just plain stupid.

4. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been cut off by Prii many times. :eek:

5. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    One of the last times I was nearly killed on a motorcycle, it was a pea-green colored G2 "pulse and gliding" in front of me.....
    This question has been asked and answered many times and in many ways.
    EVERYBODY is somebody's A-hole at times, and I have yet to meet a driver who hasn't fumbled the snap at an intersection, merged at a bad time, or made some other mistake on the road.
    I also have yet to experience much in the way of "Prius Rage" down here in the deep south.

Part of that, I'm sure, is the fact that I concentrate on trying to control the jerk inside my Prius, and I leave it to El Fato, Karma, or "the man" to take care on the ones on the outside of my Prius.
    It's NOT MY JOB.

Mostly?
    I don't give a rats about earning "respect" on the freeway.

Chris S likes this.