1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No response from power button

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Arob21, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Arob21

Arob21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Hi I have a 2012 prius v. It has sat on and off while I have been doing cosmetic work to it. There was a mouse living in it so I decided to bring it up to my house and finish it up. I jump started it and drove it up just fine. It sat for a week and now when I push the power button nothing happens.
    The 12v battery is fully charged, I even tried to jump start it.
    All the lights work and the unlock and lock on key fob work.
    The power button doesn't turn green when the key is in range like it normally does. The radio won't even come on.
    I have torn the entire car apart trying to find a chewed up wire and havnt found anything.
    I'm not sure if maybe the key fob has lost connections with the computer somehow? But I have 2 fobs and neither of them are working. Iv looked through the under hood fuses and they all seem fine.
    I'm at a loss here and don't know what my next step should be...
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I was also wondering, if you get in your prius with no key and press the power button does anything happen at all? If so then that would kinda eliminate my key fob connection suspicion.

2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Does tapping the Toyota Emblem on the FOB to the Start Button do anything?

3. Arob21

Arob21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I hooked my tahoe up to the 12v battery with jumper cables and left it there for 20min or so and it started. So I'm assuming it actually is a bad 12v battery. But now I'm also having a plethora of diagnostic codes that are making it look like the hv battery has some bad cells

Tim Jones likes this.
  4. Arob21

Arob21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Here are the codes

Attached Files:

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The ABS/VSC/TRAC C1259 and C1310 are only there because of the Hybrid Control codes, so the Hybrid Control codes are the ones to look at out of that group. However, the codes you have do not look like an explanation of a no-response-from-power-button situation.

As schja01 suggested, what happens when you press the power button with the fob held right up against it?

6. Arob21

Arob21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V

Putting the fob to the power button does nothing. After i got the car started the one time i figured it was the 12v battery. I just replaced the 12v battery and it didn't change anything. Car won't start again... I only started the one time.

The other strange thing is that the 1 time it did start, the radio and monitor display weren't working??? I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Maybe the issues are related

7. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Get a new 12 volt................................

tbearprius likes this.