1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NO Sound JBL Radio No Volume display/Tune

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bhh338, Feb 23, 2020.

1. bhh338

bhh338 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a 2010 Toyota Prius III. JBL radio with JBL amp (86280-0W622). I purchased the car and the radio has power but no sound at all. From the JBL radio unit, I notice that the volume does not display any numbers when turning the volume knob, or using the steering wheel controls. Usually it would display "VOL ##" right?

Display of the actual volume level in numbers/??

Also the "Tune" button pressing it (treble and bass adjust) on the right does not function but turning the knob tunes the radio as normal.

Could this be an amp issue? I've purchased a used unit on eBay and have had the same symptoms.

And help or let me know if you have experienced this issue too.

Thank you

2. bhh338

bhh338 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Anybody?

3. TNToy

TNToy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes it would display the volume in numbers as you adjust it.

I just yanked that same radio out and replaced it with a Pioneer head unit and PAC’s magicwizard box to allow it to talk to the amp and factory steering wheel controls.

4. bhh338

bhh338 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So I did a little bit of diagnosing. I looks like I may not be getting power to the amp. I did a bypass jump thur my amp and sound came thru the speaker that I was jumping. So it had to be the amp. I tested with a new amp and still didn't get any sound.

So I started with a volt meter:

From my pin coming in, I am getting a full 12 volts from the remote wire (Grey). But the "Constant battery power" i am getting 0 volts from. See the picture below: 88997089_10219667376087662_4789123164808413184_n.jpg

Does this need constant battery power? Should I try to run a wire from the battery to see? Where can I check this short maybe? Man i am horrible with electricals.

5. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Since checking the fuse wasn’t mentioned...

6. witheflo

witheflo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Did you ever figure out what was wrong. I'm having the same issue. Thanks!