No spare tire and a blow out in 2017 Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-Current)' started by Dan509, Sep 18, 2017.

1. E-GINO

E-GINO Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Prime trunk space is already at the minimum, putting in there a spare donught tyre would be a deal breaker for most of the potential buyers... furthermore, changing tyres can be dangerous ;)

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 'Orrible Oracle

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That's a terrible video! :eek::ROFLMAO:

The couple of flats I've had, the first was a slow leak, and I was able to repair it while the wheel was off the car, swapped for snow tires (mounted on separate rims). The second, luckily we'd just pulled into a parking spot at a Costco (with aforementioned snow tires, not tpms sensors), and after getting out I noticed the left rear corner was near-flat.

I especially like the second scenario in the video, the guy with the safety vest, traffic cones and so on. Best laid plans, lol.

#122 Mendel Leisk, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  3. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    WOW! Just watched the video. They are very graphic. Is it supposed to be funny? It is supposed to be a commercial for runflat tires, but for two times I had flats on my car that had runflat tires on, they would not run after flat. I had to call AAA for both times.

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No, just typical marketing scare-mongering. Create FUD to help sell your product.

Salamander_King likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 'Orrible Oracle

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It kinda backfires then, for me. I watch it and think I'll carry on, but cognizant of the dangers. No yoinking on the tire on an overpass, and don't let go of the lug nuts, lol.

Since2002 likes this.
  6. Since2002

Since2002 Senior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And most important don't change a tire while wearing stiletto heels! :whistle:

I agree though, the video title is correct, changing tires CAN be dangerous, it just depends on the situation. Good lighting, dry conditions, safe location, should be okay. But it always deserves first sizing up the situation and deciding if it's safe. If not, make a phone call.