1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Standard IPOD Interface ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pwcfan, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    By his description it sounds like the item offered by PC shop. The Canadian Toyota dealerships aren't offering the ipod adapter for the non nav systems. Heck they didn't even know they could play bluetooth audio from the nav system till I showed em. Then I gave em priuschat.com 's addy to help em out some :rockon:

2. PriusByrds

PriusByrds Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I will take some pics over the next couple of days and post them. In the owner's manual for the navigation system, the pictures of the display screen show no DVD tab. So, the addition of that tab must be part of the SET IPod connector kit. Yes, you can select by playlist, artist, etc. I need to experiment a little more to answer the question of whether one has to reconnect the IPod each time the car is started. It appears that you don't if the car is powered off when in the "DVD" (IPod) mode. However, on at least two occassions, the system didn't seem to recognize the IPod after I powered off the car when it was in CD mode and then turned the car back on. I'll be back with updates as I learn more and take pics.

3. pimpmyprius

pimpmyprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The parts and service dept just called to tell me they got the ipod interface kit in. I drop my baby off Saturday to get it installed. I hope whatever comes out in september is the same.. :(

4. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Your car doesn't have nav correct? Is the part they are putting in the same as the one sold here on PC? My dealer here in Vancouver can't find the adapter in his system so I'd be getting it from here.

5. pimpmyprius

pimpmyprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That's the weird part, my car does have Nav... so it can't be the same sold here on PC...

6. 925PriusGuy

925PriusGuy Winter Gray & Blizzard Pearl Pri

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V

Part # and picture of the unit request (if you get the chance before they install it !) :juggle:

7. PriusByrds

PriusByrds Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here are some pics. the only way to ensure that the IPod is functional when you boot up the car is to make sure that the audio system is in "DVD" (IPod) mode when you turn the car off. Otherwise, you may have to unplug and re-connect the IPod in order to get it to work in the system. I hope that this is helpful.

Attached Files:

6 people like this.
  8. pimpmyprius

pimpmyprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just got my interface installed yesterday. Ugh should of got the part # sorry! Why don't I have the DVD tab? - My service dept told me that was only a function on aftermarket ipod interfaces, and assured me I cannot have both XM and the iPod hookup... are they just slow on new info? My XM Nav still works fine though.

I love the look of that DVD tab.

9. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you have Nav? and does yours work with a iphone?

10. Thomaus

Thomaus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Technology
    Is there a selection for Podcasts? And it doesn't look like one of the buttons get you to iPod (DVD). Oh well, we'll pay for it anyway.

Thanks for posting the pictures and giving the description.

11. pimpmyprius

pimpmyprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have Nav but I looked at my maps again and I DO NOT have XM TRAFFIC anymore. I was told that my XM SAT Radio had to be disabled but I would still have the XM Traffic enabled on my nav. So basically the dealer had no idea what they were talking about. I dropped my car off at 10 and it was ready at 5, because they were trying to figure out the whole XM radio thing. Which is funny because the 4th page of the ipod interface kit manual says NOTE: with the interface kit installed, SAT Radio use is not possible. der.

Anyways, I plugged in my iphone 3g just now. Everything works, and I am able to receive and dial out with no problem while listening to my music.

1 person likes this.
  12. PriusByrds

PriusByrds Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have no Podcasts on my iPod -- not even sure what Podcasts are. But, perhaps if I had some, there would be a selection on the screen. One can get to the iPod (DVD) function by pushing the CD button on the dash. Pushing it repeatedly toggles the function between CD and iPOD (DVD).

13. Rainingblood

Rainingblood Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hello,i'm from italy,
    i'm wating for a prius 2010,
    my next prius 2010 active pack comes without ipod-usb interface (no navi),
    in italy this interface is available aftermarket on toyota official site

do you know something about this?

thank you!

14. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We don't get "active pack" here in north america the interface you see a few people mention is the one you are reading about on the official site. Read up the posts in mods and audio.

15. slamproductions

slamproductions New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just to confirm, the ipod interface available in the PC shop, works with my IV with Navi?

16. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    And "to confirm" the XM won't work with it?

17. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It sounds like he got it to work with his Nav but I think if you have the Nav package you should wait for the usb option coming up in Sept. It seems it takes up the XM radio position so it doesn't work if you get the current generation ipod adapter.

1 person likes this.
  18. baz

baz Previously owned Volvo S60R, Prius, Volvo XC70 T6

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have Prius Gen III with Pkg II (No Nav or JBL stuff). Last night I successfully installed the iPod adapter kit. The connection to rear of HU is via the SAT (12-pin) connector. Yes, you give up SAT radio option. I routed the cable thru side of lower glovebox.

It all works nicely using the steering wheel controls for volume and music selection push buttons. The HU display show the song title and other things which is way more than I had on my Volvo S60R.

To get HU out one must remove several dash console panels carefully. Once these are removed there are 4 bolts that hold the HU securely. Remove these and pull the HU straight out to get access to its rear.

I bought the last remaining iPod adapter from my dealership with my Sales guy paying $100 towards its purchase (a nice guy). So for $149 I now have access to all my iPod music and can safely operate it while driving.

19. nullxposur

nullxposur Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wonder if this installation can be simplified like with the Gen2 where all that is needed is pretty much to remove the lower glovebox. I'm looking into an ipod adapter for my Gen3 as well so information on how to take the dash apart is appreciated, as I'm sure others would too! =)

20. Manolo1

Manolo1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Don't have time to read all posts, but I have a IV with solar/nav and the iPod connector, plus XM radio, traffic, etc.
    Everything works fine. No issues here.
    Of course the Ipod connector option is very expensive. It was installed at the port by Southeast Toyota Distributors...