1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Start New plugs, clean MAF, clean TB suspect dead pump?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by DeadGen2, Feb 4, 2020.

1. DeadGen2

DeadGen2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi all! Been lurking here a while, decided to post for help.

I did everything, all the resets, all the cleaning, new plugs, Clean MAF all HV cells show 13.25-13.79, 12V aux battery is good. Still no-start, cranks techstream gives P3190.

I tested the fuel pump with 12V as per the manual, and all it does is click/nudge a bit, in either direction but none of that whine you would hear from a 45lb fuel pump. It just seems stuck. (I get 13.25 being sent to the pump with the tech stream “turn on pump test”)

went to scrapyard today, tested two tanks, both gave good ohms, but with 12V same thing, seems to want to spin, but then, no-go...

so, experts, is the pump stuck due to having been run and sat dry?
    Can I kick-start it in any way without blowing anything up?

I’ve read through the thread about the bladder autopsy, I know there’s not much I can do here, but... will the in tank FPR fight me if I put an in line pump between the tank and engine and try to “pull” the fuel?

don’t really wanna shell out 450 for a new tank...

as always many thanks to all of you for posting here, you have been invaluable in getting me this far on a car destined for the scrapper.