1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No sure where my battery is? 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tracysbeans, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    With the smart key, when you exit the car and if you lock your car by touching the black patch on the door handle you will hear the doors lock. It will not lock if any door is ajar. Will it lock if a light is on? I don't think it does? H

2. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I ALWAYS lock my door and listen for the doors to click that they are locked. Unless I just missed doing it yesterday. I must have left one of the doors ajar though as my battery got affected. I always lock my doors by clicking the button instead of the drivers door as I'm exiting the car. So I'm not sure what I did for sure or what got left on. I just know when I got in last night to go somewhere the car wouldn't move. The dash lights came on and the dome light came on but were dim. The car would not move. And after trying several times thinking it was something else at first eventually I lost ALL power to the car and got nothing when I pushed on the power button. At that point I stopped trying as I knew it at least needed a jump start if in fact the battery was wore down. I supected that was it since the dome light was so dim when I first was able to turn on the car.

3. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes sounds like a door was ajar. If I use the Phoebe to lock the doors I always push a second time so I get horn information. If I don't hear the horn ,I know there is something not closed or the lights are on. H

4. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I found out what the orginal problem was. My hatchback isn't closing. Something must be wrong with the hatch or something because it won't shut. However the doors did at first look when I clicks on the Phoebe. Being so I didn't realize there was any issue. The must have kept the dome light on and run my batteries. So my Phoebe seems like it is working right but it's not since the hatchback is not closing tight. My doors clicked like they locked but then a few minutes later I'm able to go open the door. I will have to get the hatch checked by Toyota on Monday. I'm hoping it is covered under my extended warranty.

Also I don't think one of my 2 Phoebe is working. So hopefully that is covered under warranty too.

PS I was able to start it today. I guess it helped that I completly shut off the dome light.

5. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The doors will not lock if a door is ajar. H

6. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

But I didn't even realize the hatchback was even ajar since my doors did click locked when I press the botton. Nothing out of the ordinary happened to make me think the doors didn't all lock.

7. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thats strange! It should not make a click if a door is ajar. I think it should chirp at you like when the lights are left on. I'm going to have to study that smart key instructions again I guess. Anyway I hop yo solve your problem. H

8. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Yeah and I was especially suprised when it click like it locked and the doors were locked (I checked them) and then just a bit later they unlocked. It was strange for sure. Even tried it several more times and the same thing happened. Now at least I don't feel bad that I made a mistake and left a door open. One just isn't shutting properly. Hopefully the latch can be fixed cause I think if I drove it on the highway it would come open. Luckily I don't have to do any highway driving this weekend.

9. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Tracy. We did post on your other thread re: what to check for to release that lock on the hatch. Check it out. H

10. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh ok I must have forgot to subscribe to that thread so missed any replys. Going to go check it now. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully it's just something simple.