1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No voltage on the turn signal light

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by douson, Jun 1, 2019.

1. douson

douson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello everyone. I have a Toyota Prius Four 2015. My DRL lights do not work. Right turn signal and left turn signal work. I measured the voltage on the connector. But not LED DRL lights. The white and black wire is ground. Green and yellow turning signals. Red wire I do not know, there is no voltage. How does it fix?

Attached Files:

2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Check the fuse.

3. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Is there a DRL position on the headlight switch ?
    Do the high beams work ??

Then......on some models, the DRLs won't light unless it is in gear (and they are turned ON, of course.)

Any chance that your car originally came from Canada ? DRLs are not required there now.

4. douson

douson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    @Grit i cheked the fuse, it is not broken.

@sam spade 2 I switched the switch to auto. Still, there is no voltage on the red wire. Maybe someone has a connection diagram?

Attached Files:

5. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Release the parking brake, then turn engine over on engine "ready" and turn on parking lights on the headlight stalk. The w2w bulb above the highbeams (parking light), DRLs and taillight should all come on. This will provide power to the DRLs & bypass the 'auto' on stalk if the auto on headlight stalk is not working / sending power to DRLs.

douson likes this.
  6. douson

douson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I did as you advised. The parking brake has been released twisting to the second (pic) stop turns on the parking lights and DRLs too. I have a Toyota Prius 2015 and auto mode still does not work. Maybe Toyota has changed the scheme?

Thank you so much @Grit

Attached Files: