1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No way to navigate to phone contacts?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by liquidtenmillion, Jul 4, 2017.

1. liquidtenmillion

liquidtenmillion Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So I have traded in a 2015 Prius 3 for a 2017 Prius 3 touring blizzard pearl. I very much like the improvements across the board.

I really like the performance and graphics upgrades of the touch screen, but it seems less functional overall than my 2015 Prius 3 navigation(with the small resistive touchscreen and entune, not premium).

For example on that system I could go to navigation, choose Contacts, and it would show all the contacts from my phone that had addresses. Click the contact and go. I could also use the voice recognition to say "navigate to Carl's house" and it would go.

This system does not even seem to transfer contacts addresses at all.

One other question, is there any way to do a "search along route". With the old system I could navigate to my dads house and then "search along route" for ATMs and it would show me the ones that were the least deviation from my route(usually some somewhere on the route itself).

2. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1) Yes, it's odd - I've noticed the same, the Contacts button is greyed out occasionally, but not all the time. Last time I noticed it, I hadn't started driving, pulled my phone out of my pocket, hit the dial screen - and the contacts list appeared on the PRIUS screen - so I took over that way. Later the same day, it worked fine again. I don't make many calls, so I'm not an expert on it - someone who phones a lot might have worked out the solution.

[ 2) - sorry I don't have Navigation]

RCO likes this.
  3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Since you traded in the 2015, please update your profile.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There is an "along route" option in the nav. I think you have to be stopped to access that feature.

RCO likes this.