1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No zipper case?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Starfall, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :rolleyes: I bought my 05 Prius from Concord Toyota and they provided me with the zippered case for my manuals. Last month I bought an 06 prius from a different dealer. That one came with a cheapie Vinyl case in bright yellow. I did not like it at all. I went back to Concord Toyota and asked the Parts manager about obtaining another zipper case like the case in my 05. They went to a drawer and pulled one out and handed it to me just like the one in my 05. I was a happy Prius owner again.
    It seems it is based on what the specific dealer offers its buyers. I really can't complain. Concord was at MSRP. Susanville Toyota sold me the 06 for under MSRP... actually they sold it for way under MSRP. So, even if I had to BUY another 25 zippered cases I would still be way ahead!
    -Paul R. Haller- B)

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudiger @ Aug 10 2006, 01:07 PM) [snapback]301037[/snapback]</div>
    You act as though Toyota always had been including them. Our 91 Camry definitely came w/no zipper case. I remember the manuals just came in a brown manila envelope. I don't recall any such case on my mom's 96 Camry. I also don't recall any case (but I'm not positive) on my dad's 02 RAV4.

My 02 Nissan Maxima also came w/no zipper case, but did come in a decent Nissan black vinyl folder/portfolio. My 04 Nissan 350Z did have manuals in a decent Nissan zippered case.

I saw the dealer take the manuals out of a brown manila envelope for my 06 Prius and he put them in a red Toyota Sunnyvale pouch.

ALL of these cars were bought new.

3. kn6vv

kn6vv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I took delivery of my new Prius on July 31 and it came with a beautiful full zipper case, very nice like the Ford case. It has the Toyota logo in red on the cover. Maybe this was from the dealer, not Toyota. I don't know as this is my first Toyota but given my happiness with my new Prius :D I suspect it will not be my last!

4. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curtis SAC @ Sep 10 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]317596[/snapback]</div>
    Unfortunately, the Ford case is the wrong size for the Prius, hence the purchase.

Hmmmm, maybe I shoud have purchased a Hundai instead of a Ford...

Yeah, hindsight is 20/20! :)