1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Noise from Aux Port (06-08)

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Service Bulletins - TSBs' started by zenMachine, May 1, 2008.

1. Jmack111

Jmack111 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1489980536736.png easy fix

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

macguyver likes this.
  2. DLC82SV

DLC82SV Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I do... My port now makes my phone think it's being unplugged and plugged back in over and over now. Tried different aux cable and different devices. I now how a Bluetooth speaker in my car for my music...

3. Jmack111

Jmack111 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    May be a bad jack or wrong cable end 3 black line on the male jack is speaker and mic two is stereo the jack is 2

4. macguyver

macguyver Dis-Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just wanted to add more positive results with the Mpow Ground Loop Noise Isolator, I have deployed them in Gen2 Prius' with excellent results over long periods of use. Tested with iPhone and old click-wheel iPods while parked (using accessory mode to eliminate AC system, road noise, etc.) Much easier than fighting Toyota over the TSB.

Being a moderate audiophile with sensitive ears, I am very familiar with these ground loop and line noise issues in music performance/recording scenarios. These little $10 modules work great and may even reduce/eliminate the hum you get when patching into a home amplifier when the music device is plugged into AC power. This can happen in homes/offices with bad grounding or other wiring issues.

Tip: I suggest patching them in directly at the AUX jack (at the bottom of your armrest storage box) and running your old audio ext. cable from the other end so you don't risk extra wear on the Mpow jacks.

5. macguyver

macguyver Dis-Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just a quick update to the manufacturer link for the MPOW MA1 Ground Loop Isolator. For some reason they have 3 entries with different prices (one just has a longer cord).

Amazon now has it for $12 (was $9-$10 until 2020):