1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

noise maker?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by pauln64, May 25, 2012.

1. MKART

MKART Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you have an iPhone, then down load the app XLR8 then calibrate it and it will play various engine noises from different hotrods in to the car's speakers. It can tell when you accelerate and brake so it makes sounds that represent shifting. Kinda funny haha:)

2. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I disconnected my noisemaker. The problem I have with it is that it's actually louder than most gas cars at parking lot speeds, which seems silly. Also, I hated the sound, not at all pleasant in fact, it's sorta nightmarish.

Also note, the Tesla does not use a noisemaker (except where they are required to by law).

bisco likes this.
  3. Manila Ice

Manila Ice Hybrid and V8 Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    my car has noise too but at the rear right side, sounds like a cricket but i cant find it. FML

striker308 likes this.
  4. striker308

striker308 Three time Prius owner

Evans, NY (USA) / South Williamsport, PA (USA)
    Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three

On my 2012 I never noticed it until I was told about it (Hard of hearing here too) once I was told about it I did hear it but only going up and down the driveway between the houses or in the parking garage. The 2014 I can hear with the window UP all the way to 40 MPH when the road noise takes over. Since I haven’t heard anyone say anything about them increasing it I can only assume it’s because it’s so darned cold out here and that is helping me hear it.

The only other thing I could think of is the 2014 has Yokahoma (sp) tires on it instead of the Goodyear tires my 2012 came with. I have noticed that the road noise on these is less than the Goodyear and so far it seems to do as well in the snow.

5. nodrogkam

nodrogkam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It's actually the reason why I refer to my car as a spaceship. I almost never call it a Prius or Toyota.

retired4999 likes this.
  6. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yep! (y)