1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Noisy CD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by prberg, Nov 6, 2006.

1. prberg

prberg Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi all... just wanted to see if anyone knew what could be the problem. I burned a CD yesterday and played it in the Prius. It sounded very scratchy and there was lots of static. I tried other CD's and they sound ok (so it's not the Prius.. right?). I also tried the CD in question in another CD player and it sounds fine. What could be happening? I burned the CD with itunes. I made sure to select a slow speed (8x) since I've had trouble with Cd's burned at maxium speed.

any ideas?

thanks,

-Peter B

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    There are a number of possible causes... It could be bad media (cheep CD's), it could just be a bad disc in the stack (it does happen from time to time). there could have been problems in the burning process that you didn't see. Try burning something else, see if it happens again... after all, CD's are cheep now a days (and you can always use a few more coasters, right? :lol:)

3. prberg

prberg Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Nov 6 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]344506[/snapback]</div>
    thanks for the suggestion eagle... but I forgot to mention that i did try that. The first disc I burned was at full speed and the second one was at 8x. I have burned other CD's from this stack of CD-r's and they sounded fine. I guess I could burn another one.. maybe with different media... or just try to make a copy on my computer and see how the copy sounds? Just has me confused...

-Peter B

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've had some brands of CDs work on one drive and not another, with no real way to tell what was wrong. I'd try another brand.

Tom