1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nokya LED Fogs

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by OWG, Mar 9, 2013.

1. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all, I just finished installing the Nokya LED fog lamps on my 2012 v. Thought I would share some info about the install and how I like them so far.

First I have to mention , these are not cheap, they ended up coming to around $400 Canadian and they are only the lights themselves. There is no harness or switch, so you have to have the OEM fogs already. Second, these are bright, but they are not as bright as the OEM halogen fogs. I rarely used my OEM fogs. I bought these to use whenever my headlights are on in order to enhance the light output from the stock LED headlights and I wanted a light that would complement the colour/look of the headlights. I have yet to use them at night so I will update my impressions on that later. Third, I apologize for the salty mess of my car, winter in Ontario is not kind.

This install is basic. There was a slight modification that I needed to make to the Nokya foglight housing, but it was not difficult with the right tools. I recommend that you jack up the front of the car and place on jack stands in order to get a little more room to work under the front of the car. Once the car was on the stands, I removed the under panel that runs the width of the front bumper. I believe there are about 10-12 bolts/screws in all. Once that is removed you will have easy access to the fog lights at either side. There is only a single screw that holds the fog lights in place. For each foglight this screw is on the bottom outside corner of the foglight (outside being towards the respective left/right side of the car). The other side of the foglight has tabs that slide into slots on the bumper.

An issue that I found with these fogs is that the tabs are spaced a little closer together than the OEM fog lights.

02-IMG_0195.JPG
    What this means is that without a modification to the tabs, they will not fit correctly into the slots on the bumper.

All I did is grind down the tabs on the insides to allow them to fit. I used a bench grinder, however a hand file should work just as well, but it will take longer.

10-IMG_0203.JPG

Without the tabs modified, they will sort of fit, but won't slide into the slots enough to be centered properly in the bumper hole.

This one is centered...
    05-IMG_0198.JPG

This one is not (before modification).
    06-IMG_0199.JPG

Here are a couple other pics showing the tabs not fitting correctly from the back. Note the one install screw on the bottom left.
    07-IMG_0200.JPG
    08-IMG_0201.JPG
    09-IMG_0202.JPG

When you get the fogs, they will come with the proper connector to match up with our stock foglight connector, but the wires from the foglight are not inserted. This is to allow you to adjust for proper polarity depending on the vehicle. This is a pic of the polarity that worked on my Canadian V, I expect it is the same for all. Note the locking tab in the picture.
    04-IMG_0197.JPG

So once installed on the car and the wiring connected, I ran a quick test to ensure that it was all working. I replaced the panel and dropped the car back down.

The finished product.
    11-IMG_0205.JPG
    12-IMG_0207.JPG

I am going to take the car to the wash and will take more photos tonight and upload them.

Here are the pics with a clean car at night . I tried some different exposures :)

1-IMG_3677.JPG
    2-IMG_3681.JPG
    3-IMG_3682.JPG
    4-IMG_3685.JPG
    5-IMG_3686.JPG
    6-IMG_3687.JPG

Anyone feel free to ask questions.

sfv41901 and Chazz8 like this.
  2. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats on the nice upgrade.

Yes, these are pretty expensive. Seems like the price went up from when I got mine. As for the tab issue, maybe it's just the distance of the tabs on the Prius v that's different. Mine were a perfect match & no modification was needed.
    I'm pretty happy with mine & they are a pretty close match to my 5k D4S HIDs.

3. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! I just took the car out for a ride and am pretty surprised how much difference they make to the overall lighting. The colour is slightly off the stock LED headlamps, but close enough for me.

4. BryceD15

BryceD15 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Did you use the same nok9560 part number for the regular prius for the v?

5. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry for the delay. I did use the same. As mentioned, I had to shave a little off the tabs to make them fit right as the fitment is slightly different between the V and regular.