1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non Believers

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by huskers, Jul 15, 2017.

1. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Had a buddy who called me today to tell me he was just passed on I 29 by a silver Prius going 85 MPH. He hates getting passed by a Prius. So I just laughed and told him he must be getting old (also, it must be a rental because true Prii drivers don't drive that fast). He called back a few minutes later to inform me he had passed it going 90+. Said he did not care if he got a ticket. Some will never learn.

2. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Aw man, you've got to tell your friend that he was probably passed by the new Prius Prime Advanced, with 2-stage compression, supercharger/turbocharger which has been rated at 575 HP with AWD, and Superleggera Chassis!! He's lucky that he still has doors on his car!!. They're using the car for military high speed pursuit vehicles that still get 50mpg and are running trials in your area!! That oughta spin his wheels!! Har, har

3. ForestBeekeeper

ForestBeekeeper Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Why would you think that?

We own two and we drive over 80mph.

4. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I don't think the speedos on Prii indicate til they're over 70mph out here in Socal; most Prii I see on the freeway are doing over 80mph, and many well over 90mph!! [This is Traffic Permitting!!]
    Most of the time, I Cripple Snail along at 60mph or so, but every so often ya gotta cut 'er loose, and then it's, Katie bar the doors and hang on to yer shorts!! Every so often I can hear my PPA say, "Come on daddy, can we visit 120mph!! I know I can do it!! I just have to tell her, "There, there, daddy doesn't wanna go to jail!!" Har, har

5. ForestBeekeeper

ForestBeekeeper Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    The freeway that cuts through our town is posted at 75mph, so the flow of traffic is around 80.

6. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I kind of don't like this post for several reasons.
    First of all, Yeah...it's a fallacy that Prius can't go fast, or at least fast enough.
    When I owned my Prius, I got tired of going with the flow of traffic-or faster, and getting aggressively passed by idiots that saw a "Prius" and were so immature they would blast past it just because it was a Prius.

Then I can't back retaliation. That's how accidents happen. Then instead of ONE idiot driving too fast...you have two.

CoastRider and Mendel Leisk like this.
  7. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It is interesting how location, location, location is true vis a vis Prii: out here in Socal, it is THE most seen car on the street and I in my humble 6year+ ownership of 2 Prii just haven't seen any of the anti-Prii experiences described in several of these posts.
    We're too damn common!!!! Who's going to go after you when everybody's got one of these bloody things! And a majority of these turkeys are driving like bats out of hell!!
    Another advantage to living in Socal!!

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    No problem as I was doing that in fog using radar based, dynamic cruise control Sunday morning. After a while, the Caddy SUV figured out they could not shake the Prius following them.

BEEP BEEP!

Bob Wilson

9. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    In SoCal the Prius drivers either drive too slow or 80+ mph. Sometimes it's best to leave them alone... because they get pissed when they see the jacked up F-450 in their rearview mirror that tailgates them and tries to overtake. The F-450s just can't do it.:ROFLMAO:

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.