1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non-religious doctors just as likely to care for poor

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Aug 1, 2007.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You frame this point as if you think I think he's sane. He was obviously insane. While I share his belief with evolution, we probably also share the same belief in gravity. What's the point? Neither made him the psychotic killer that he is. That's not true with religious zeal.

True. Killing for race is as despicable as killing for religion. One could argue that war/killing for resources/territory is necessary for the survival of a group of humans. I wouldn't argue that, but one could argue that. Killing for God, a purely man made construct, just seems like a waste of effort.

Yes evil as humans know it, exists outside of religion. Saying that the massacres which weren't religiously motivated aren't as big as the biggest massacres ever isn't something to gloat about. Few condone the despotic features of nazism, stalinism, and maoism these days. Religion however is embraced as wholeheartedly as ever before.

So sure, let's get rid of nazisim, stalinism, and maoism cause they were bad for mankind. In that line of thinking religion should follow.