1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

None-perforated leather

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tony2654, Sep 16, 2010.

1. tony2654

tony2654 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hei:

I live in Norway and I have a Gen III Prius which I perchased last fall. This is a premium grade car which means it has every option including perforated leather seats. My impression has been that this is the only kind of leather you get on the new Prius. However, the other day I parked right next to a Prius cab, a common sight in Norway and neighboring Sweden, and to my surprise that car had none-perforated leather.

Can someone therefore tell me if none-perforated leather is now available as factory-installed on the new Prius?

2. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    To my observations in the US, that isn't a factory option. When I was looking at new Priuses last month, I only saw perforated leather on the IV and V models. There are aftermarket leather covers....so it could be that.

This is the first car I've had with perforated leather, so we'll see how it holds up. At least my opinion is that it doesn't look bad and might help reduce cracking.

3. Michaelvickdog123

Michaelvickdog123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ditto. At least in the US market, you can only get the perforated leather from the factory. That said, you can always upgrade from cloth to leather as an aftermarket...

The only downside I've seen (or heard of) for the perforated is if you use a leather conditioner that is a white paste like substance...it can dry as little white specks in the perforated holes in the leather. Not a big deal, as it can be buffed/vacuumed out... but may bother some folks?