1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Noob question, about to get a Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by politemusic, May 3, 2007.

1. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(politemusic @ May 3 2007, 09:43 PM) [snapback]435222[/snapback]</div>
    Perhaps you should try to rent a loaded Prius for a few days to see how all the stuff works. Some dealers have rentals that can be partially applied to a purchase. If you are happy with the functionality and price of the options, great. Better to find out that you don't want something before you buy it.

Portable GPS units have the advantage of being available when you don't have the car and higher end units have bluetooth. I run my Garmin on the internal battery and let it sit in the top cup holder. If you are walking around in an unfamiliar city your Prius GPS isn't going to be much help. I haven't used my unit much but the reduced stress, aggravation and uncertainty are worth the price.

Compare how long the HID lights last and the replacement cost to the halogens.

IMO fog lights are overrated. I have them in the Intrigue and at best they are barely noticeable. Don't have them on the Prius and don't miss them. Just 1 more thing to break.

IMO the antitheft is overrated. The Prius is harder to steal as you can't just break the ignition lock and hot wire the car. Chances are either the entire car will be loaded on a truck or it will be hacked apart and stripped.

2. politemusic

politemusic New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ May 4 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]435813[/snapback]</div>
    Trying one out is a good iea, I'm curious about that. I'll make some calls. Thanks for all your other thoughts.

I live in a part of LA that gets car break-ins, and would feel more comfortable if I had an alarm of some sort...glass breakage, door opening, etc. Is such a system available if I have a package #2?

Best,
    Justin

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius