1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NorCal Prius updates

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by desertcrawler, Feb 28, 2012.

1. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Well, in MY little corner of DEALERLAND, you are wearing a halo and robe and angels are singing around you. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Aww, thanks. I probably should have said, outside of the very select dealers on PC, my name doesn't mean anything in dealerland.

Anyhow, check out the Update Sticky for my latest. Thanks for your patience all.

Erica

1 person likes this.
  3. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Dude, I feel ya'. In the same situation here. My car arrived in Benecia last Saturday morning and nothing yet... Dealer tells me they have no idea either but will call the minute the truck rolls in. And meanwhile, I believe Putnam Toyota on the peninsula already got their cars from the Eminent Ace, right? So Wth???:censored:

4. ca_gary

ca_gary Dazed & Confused

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Got my call today that my PiP is at the dealer (Capitol Toyota, san Jose,Ca) and ready for me to pick. Hopefully will make it down there tomorrow to get it.

So yes, they are here!

5. RunTellThat

RunTellThat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    My PIP awaiting transport to Dublin Toyota from a port in SF. I completed the paperwork for the car earlier this evening - now it's just a matter of time....

Go Bears!

:high5:Oh what a feeling!:high5:

6. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Was your car on the New Century 2 or the Eminent Ace?

I may not have the car tonight, but I did get the dedicated 15A outlet put in today, so I am feeling a little closer!

And yes, Go Bears!! :rockon:

7. RunTellThat

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I do not know which ship my PIP was on... :confused: The car had a build date of 2/6 and a shipped date of 2/12...

8. csriram45

csriram45 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I havent gotten the call from the dealer either and my car was on the first ship. The same happened with my Leaf and the only possible reason can be "port installed options". If your car had an option chosen that port does not have the parts for, then they will hold it until they can get the part. If your dealer can dig further then the port should be able to tell the reason for hold up. In case of my "Leaf" it was blessing in disguise as it was an option I wish I had not ordered and I told my dealer to get the car delivered without the option.

9. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    That's like mine: built 2/7 and shipped on the 12th. So where is my car?!?!?!? :pout: :Cry: :hurt:

10. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I ordered a base car, no options. Nothing to do on it...but get it on a darned truck!

11. guido

guido Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Spotted a PiP in the wild. There was a white one parked outside the Verizon store in Pacifica this morning. I was so gobsmacked at seeing one that I was almost hit by two cars.

Congrats to whoever that was. Fingers crossed on mine.

12. desertcrawler

desertcrawler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Mine is picked up and on the loose at Alice's Restaurant in Skylonda.

Attached Files:

13. desertcrawler

desertcrawler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    First reaction -- we really like it. The Nav system is nice, still haven't figured out the audio yet though. Heated seats are great, and once I figure out the screen that tells me the mileage I am getting I'll be able to compare against our 2004 Prius, which averages around 42MPG for the routes we take (we live on top of a mountain).

Still need to figure out the paint film protection thing, and figure out how to get floor mats. Don't want to mess up the new interior carpet, or mess up the new front bumper with rock chips, so hope I can get that stuff soon. Also running into some problems with EnTune -- things freezing up not sure why or what is causing maybe we have too many smart phones in the car. Sounds like a warranty sort of thing. The "stalker" app for locating the vehicle is pretty slick -- except for the first hour or so it had our vehicle located over on the coast in El Granada. But it seems to be learning, and now it is in on front driveway where it should be...

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  14. COIllini1

COIllini1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

Several of us in Colorado, who are waiting to pick up our PiPs from CA, AZ and WA etc., may decide to take a pass since Toyota still has not provided information to CO state to calculate the rebate amount. Toyota has provided the needed information to CO every year in January, at least since 2006 when I bought my first Prius.

Hopefully Erica can expedite this before our Pips are ready for delivery.

Thanks

15. jbrad4

jbrad4 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Asingh, You should send a PM to PriusTeam so this information gets to Erica. She reads some different threads, but there is no guarantee she will read this one.

16. RunTellThat

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    mmstuart,

My Order Page still doesn't show my PIP as arriving at port, however, Dublin Toyota has informed me that it's at a port in SF.

Regarding your paint protect film, check your Order Page - there's an update regarding someone from Toyota's Customer Experience Center contacting you soon (perhaps this Monday) about your satisfaction with the paint protection film...

I, too, ordered the paint protect film on my PIP, however, based on the original description of the option when I ordered, I thought the film would also be applied to the fenders and front bumpers - not just the hood.

In the meantime, I've completed the paperwork on the PIP, just waiting for the car to arrive from port :couch2:

:high5:Oh what a feeling!:high5:

17. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Suzy,

Noticed that this was your 1st Post.
    Welcome and Congrats on the PIP.

18. COIllini1

COIllini1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am new to this. How do I send a PM?
    Thanks much for the help.

19. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Click on "prius team" user name on one of her posts. You will get a drop down menu with the pm option. I just did this using your last post. Sent you a pm of this as an example

20. margie100

margie100 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I picked up the very first Prius Plug In from Toyota 101 in Redwood City today! Everyone at the dealership was wonderful. I would certainly recommend them.

Question: I have the "Base" model -- has anyone figured out how to set up XM NavTraffic on it? (Or is that something only in the Advanced model?)

--
    2012 Toyota Prius Plug In
    2011 Nissan LEAF