1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NorCal Prius updates

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by desertcrawler, Feb 28, 2012.

1. ClaySacramento

ClaySacramento Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    SiriusXM data services are only available on the Premium HDD Navigation with Entune system in the Advanced model, but you can still get traffic information using Entune data services (via a smart phone).

1 person likes this.
  2. mcg

mcg New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all,

Brand new to the forum but happy Prius owner since 2007. Anyway, picked up my PIP from Stevens Creek in San Jose on Sunday! First one out of the dealership. Don't ask how I did it:) Classic Silver with premium package. Two days in and I could not be happier with the vehicle. I don't have all the details down like many of you do but here are my initial thoughts:

- Runs extremely quiet and switches over from EV to Hybrid without even noticing it
    - I have to go down a hill on way to work. Had no idea that the EV mode could actually RECHARGE! Thus, I lose 2 miles of charge going up the hill but gain it all back going down and/or gliding down the highway without applying the gas. That is really cool technology.
    -2.5 hours to charge like everyone is seeing.
    - Navigation system is awesome! No problems with Pandora or XM. Traffic indicator in the apps section is fantastic. Told me yesterday of a two car accident exactly 3.1 miles up the road. Very cool.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

1 person likes this.
  3. jtse818818

jtse818818 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Mine was built 2/28 according to the order site...still no date for "In Transit To Port" but according to another thread, PYXIS left Japan on 3/3 and should reach Benicia on 3/14. I hope my car is on that ship!

4. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi-Def San Francisco If you want to sorta see the Cetus Leader sail into SF BAY. Cam shot N to S toward SF just inside the bridge. Displays inrange ships with pointers. Yes this would be better in the day time.

5. pfile

pfile Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    cool! that must be 'my' ship as well - my status page as of this morning says 'in transit to port - 3/2'.

thanks for the heads-up

edit: hang on though, pyxis leader just left the east coast after dropping off a bunch of PIPs. must be another ship?

edit again: my bad, pyxis leader is a different ship. "pyxis" left japan a couple days ago.

6. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Got my PiP last night!!! Built 2/7, arrived at Benicia 2/25, Delivered to dealer late night of 3/3, completed PDI on 3/6. 4 weeks from build to deliver for west coast.

7. Godzuki

Godzuki Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats calbear!!! Still waiting for mine to come in from the port in SF... Dealer had a delivery window of 3/1-3/8. Post some pics when you get a chance - I've not seen pics of a delivered silver PIP yet - how does the monochrome paint scheme look? I decided to go with silver so that the silver door handles, and silver trim on the front and rear ends would blend in with the rest on the car. Mine is a base silver PIP just like yours...

:high5:Oh what a feeling!:high5:
    (formerly RunTellThat)

8. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll take some picks when I get home, but I guarantee you it looks the same as the other Silver Priuses. :) Dealer was able to get the PiP rear bumper applique on post-port. And they did a great job on it (they have a body shop on site). And they got me the all weather mats on 1-day's notice too! Picked them up with the car. I was impressed they had those items in stock...

9. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You know, I dont think I've seen a Silver PiP yet.. not even at Carson Toyota when all the PiPs were there.

10. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    We are stocking the All Weather Mats right now.. I pre-ordered 5 sets of them to be prepared, and we have 3 sets left with more coming.

Track, we've had many a silver car in and out of here. If there is anyone who wants pics, lemme know. It's the same silver on regular Prius but with the chrome accents, it looks richer. :p

1 person likes this.
  11. tarantoga

tarantoga Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you seen any All-Weather cargo mats yet?
    The PriusChat store seems to have the OEM carpeted ones.

12. theiding

theiding New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here is a pic of a silver one:

Picture 048.jpg

3 people like this.
  13. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Theiding. I took this picture last night, but without good light, it doesn't show the color right. The silver does look nicer than on my old '06 though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. greenleaf

greenleaf Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  15. vintagebob

vintagebob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Cargo ship Heijin dropped off my Silver PIP at Benicia over the weekend. Toyota Sunnyvale says it should be ready by Friday. :D

Who else had PIPs on Heijin?

16. stephens5.rich@gmail.com

[email protected] New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congratulations to everyone that has reveeved their PiPs. I'm happy for you but VERY jealous at the same time. My order number was 132 and was confirmed within minutes, so based on a first-in-first-out methodology, I should have happily had it weeks ago but I'm still waiting, with very little information. The dealer hasn't been able to get much info. All that I know is that, per the toyota website, my PiP was built on 2/26/2012. Where/how do I find the ship that is transporting it to Benicia, CA? Any input/help would be greatly appreciated.

17. pfile

pfile Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    if your toyota status page says "in transit to port" on 3/2/2012 then i believe the car is on the Pyxis, which is due to make port in Benicia on 3/14 at 4PM pacific time.

PYXIS - Vessel's Details and Current Position - 8514083 - 355999000

1 person likes this.
  18. stephens5.rich@gmail.com

[email protected] New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thank you pfile! Unfortunately, the toyota status page for my order does not have any data after stating 'shipped on 2/26/2012'. I'm hoping that you are correct and it is on the Pyxis. That means that it is getting closer! Fingers are crossed....

19. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Your dealer should be able to look up the ship that your PiP is on. They should also have a VIN for you as well.

20. killerthrowdown

killerthrowdown New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hello,

Thank's for the photos. I was beginning to think I would be the only one with a classic silver pip!

Dave