1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nor'easter coming to visit...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by OceanEyes, Mar 6, 2013.

1. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Gouveneur, NY gets some wicked storms!

I know what you mean but it seems like what used to be the extreme is becoming the "norm" around here - in March 2010 my town was almost isolated due to flooding and bridges washing out, taking buildings with them. The debris field was huge - I visited in April and they were still reeling from the damage.

"My" beach took serious hits in 2010, then from Irene in 2011 and Sandy was the final blow for a lot of businesses and homes on the shore. Rebuilding is happening in earnest to be ready for the tourists that will start venturing back in May... and the dunes are being replaced for the piping plovers that nest on the beach and a type of tern that I cannot remember offhand. No one bothered to inform the birds that their beach was destroyed and they return on April 1st - time is a-ticking.;)

Had to ride the subway back in February to get to Brooklyn from Penn Station and that thought of flooded tunnels crossed my mind - when the train speeds up you know you are under the river.... :eek:

2. dbcassidy

dbcassidy Toyota Hybrid Nation, 8 Million Strong

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Supposed to get 4 - 8", got 21" :mad: . Next 3 days 50 degree weather melt this white stuff down the drain. Weather forecasters blew the prediction on this storm. I am exhausted, achy from all the snow removal.

Come on Spring!!!:)

DBCassidy

OceanEyes likes this.
  3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There was a storm? That might explain the strong breeze out there.

This was another case of us being north of the weather. We have snow around, but it should melt over the next week.

JMD likes this.
  4. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    55 here today - goodbye snow! :D

My truck and the Prius were washed and dried today - waiting for a family member to bring their car over to continue the car washing fun! Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer... can't wait!

JMD likes this.
  5. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Relatives say the same thing.

OceanEyes likes this.
  6. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Car washing fun continued as we were pressing 60 here...tested the Meguiars on a family member's Audi A4 and made it shine like a jewel! She needs a claybar treatment to take care of refining the finish further but when we were done that car shone like a jewel.

Thanks to the PriusChatters who recommended Meguiars... love the stuff!:D

JMD likes this.
  7. Jonnybegood

Jonnybegood New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five