1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Normal PriusChat is back - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Feb 20, 2005.

1. exces6

exces6 New Member

I have a question. Is this layout more than just phpBB? I know there are some portals out there like phpBB Nuke (or something like that) and maybe that is the slowdown. Invision was just a board, so maybe it had less junk to sift through.

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok I'm back. Had to re-register and fill out all my info. The weekend was a little different,took a while to get used to it and look....Now back where I was a few weeks ago,the new guy :lol: Don't worry,I was trying to find you all, never thought you left. Now to pick back up where we were :D

3. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome back Rick!

4. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Guess I missed something ( but that's not unusual these days) but when I tried my usual PriusChat bookmark I got nada! nothing! zip for two days . What was the other version and why didn't it show up?? Oh, well don't bother I probably wouldn't understand it anyway. Just great to get back to normal.

5. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

Is it me? or is anyone else wondering what slowing down everyone is talking about? I've never had any trouble with this version of the board. It seems quick to me. "Page generation time: 2.6105s" ahhh, I guess that’s longer than other boards... But, I don't mind waiting 2.6 sec between pages.

6. kidtwist

kidtwist New Member

You must have bookmarked a page within PriusChat which didn't exist with the temporary board. If you just bookmarked "www.priuschat.com" you would have gotten the temporary board. I had the same problem as you for awhile.

7. Racbca

Racbca Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Welcome back!

8. senectus

senectus New Member

yuck, please don't use the other newer forum.. I much prefer the this one :)

9. knowledgeseeker

knowledgeseeker New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    One change that would speed up the user experience is to keep the main page simple; no news unless the user clicks on the headline. Having that first page come up quickly, so the user can then jump to the forum they want, or wherever, would eliminate the main delay for me.

I really do like this format. And the hardware will get faster with time, as well..

10. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok cool... it dont matter to me how it looks, this is good, yesterdays was good, tommorrows will almost undoubtedly be fine also...

i guess, i really have nothing to say...just wondering if i need to register? guess not

11. Kyle Pehrson

Kyle Pehrson Member

Danny
    Sorry about this weekend from HELL. We just all appreciate the time and energy you spend on it! Makes us appreciate Prius Chat all the more. I give you all my points I had before we started over. :)

12. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Ah Haaa! There is the other Prius Master Tech . . . 200 PriusChat points to you too!
    Now it is up to everyone else to get the two of youz totals back up to their righteous lofty place prior to the crash.

Hint Hint.

13. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It is great to see PC back up and running. This weekend really drug on at work without it.

I do have one suggestion. Could we just simply dump that "Prillian" window? It seems that ever since that was added, the board has run alot slower. It seems like alot to pay just to have a realtime update of who is online.

14. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    gee wolfman... until you mentioned it, i never considered PriusChat to be a drug... but i will say the "withdrawls" were noticable....

15. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

100 points each to Kyle and Rick, to restore what the locusts have eaten.

16. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

First, welcome back and thanks for all the hard restoration work.

I add my comments in favor of getting rid of the Prillian window. Though I have blocked all pop-ups, I agree that it took a long time to load and I can view the Who is Online box (just under User Info on the left) if I need to know that.

I have re-started the February mileage thread in Fuel Economy. If anyone can re-create the thread about "What Do You Like Most about PriusChat?" it would be a fine salute to those who have given us those things we like. (I listed the calendar.) I am not trying to hijack this thread to become that thread, merely mentioning what recent topics I'd like to see reconstituted from the abyss.

17. smtrader

smtrader Member

Yes, great to have this board back!! Thanks... :D

18. tag

tag Senior Member

Yes, ditto.... :)

19. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad to be back and thanks for the points !

20. propking

propking New Member

I THOUGHT PRIUS CHAT HAD GONE AWAY. I WAS UNABLE TO PULL THE SITE UP. I'M REAL CLOSE TO PURCHASING MY PRIUS AND THIS SITE REALLY HELPS EASE THE MIND.

THANKS DANNY.