1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Normal windshield washer nozzle pattern?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by pasadena_commut, Oct 15, 2019.

1. pasadena_commut

pasadena_commut Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The stream patterns from the two windshield washer nozzles on my car are quite different. The passenger side streams are spread out landing far apart on the glass. However, on the driver side two streams land very close together, and all three land on the glass just above the parking position for the wiper. Is that normal?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Might be partly clogged, or just need aiming.

WilDavis likes this.
  3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Attached is how the RM says they should be adjusted.

I hope that helps you.

Attached Files:

4. pasadena_commut

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That has exactly the needed info. Thanks!

5. pasadena_commut

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did this yesterday and after much fiddling a pattern very close to the one in the PDF was achieved. It would have been much easier to do this with two items I didn't have: the special Toyota nozzle adjustment tool and a pair of eyes which can focus up close on tiny objects. Made do with a long needle and a magnifying glass. This was a little tricky to do because each nozzle has two holes so the pair must be adjusted together. Move one up and the other may go down if the nozzle rotated rather than lifted. With just the one needle it was very hard to control this. The Toyota nozzle tool presumably has a slot into which the "I" shaped flange between each pair of holes fits, so one can lift and rotate separately. Anyway, for anybody else who does this, perhaps try it with two needles, that should make it much easier to control elevation vs. rotation.

bisco likes this.