1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

North American EV Indicator Light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by TheForce, Apr 30, 2007.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I tried it again this time and soldered some wires to the missing components. I ran the wires out and into a breadboard so I could add the missing components. The results are it did not work. I'm pretty sure I put the components in correctly. I did get some strange readings with my volt meter. When the car was off I was reading a positive reading from what I though was the negative end. When I turned the car on the voltage dropped to the millivolt area and jumped around a bit.

I took a look at the other indicator board and its missing some LEDs too.

I'm just wondering if maybe the missing components tell the ECU what country the prius is in. Kind of like jumper settings for computers. If thats the case then other LEDs/resistors need to be removed in order to get the EV light functioning.

I'll have to do some more testing and since I have the wires there now it should be easy.

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    if someone figures this out.. i would like an LED Ev light too...

3. rogmay

rogmay New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

I am working on the same project (And I am waiting for an european contact); If you have other pictures or shematics It will help me but for now I will recheck in my toyota Repairs manual to try to get more information.

Thanks

[email protected]

4. rogmay

rogmay New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

****Do you know the Toyota part # of this LED PCB ; How Toyota name it? Do you know each LED function as indicator (like BRAKE-SEAT BELL etc...) (Ex: LED 303 is EV icon..)?
    If I could get the name and number of this Toyota I will check for is substitute with TOYOTA France! and try to get that LED module from European region.
    I checked on my Toyota repairs manual and I did not find any reference for LED designation number (ex: LED303),they just say ; BELT indicator, RIGHT flasher indicator , I did not find anything linking the PCB that you picture!!! It just seem to be a part of the COMBINATION METTER!!!!
    Did you find more things about that subject?

Thanks

5. aminorjourney

aminorjourney Mum to two prius!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Regarding the 04/05 and 07-09 dash - While they may be the same physical size the layout of the other lights on the dash are slightly different. When I drive Kate's '08 Prius there's a few seconds while my brain adjusts. If I remember correctly, the "READY" light is in a different position.

I'm not sure using an earlier dash panel would work - unless you used the ENTIRE dash panel from an earlier car.

I'd say going the European route - and getting one from a LHD European model would be better...

6. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Boy, won't you guys be pi$$ed if there's no EV mode on the 2010....

7. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    But there is, we have seen it.
    Toyota said there will be, it is beyond question.

8. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes, there clearly is. I was just teasing....:D

9. rogmay

rogmay New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ****Could you get me a Toyota Part service link for your area, because I know the Part # of the Canadian model of the LED clauster (that included the EV icon) and I would like to know the corresponding European number for a 2006 model year?

Please keep me posted

[email protected]

10. Travis Sanders

Travis Sanders Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Bump! I know it's an old thread but now that all you rich folks are giving away your Priuses to guys like me we want that EV light as well. I guess the ScanGauge has an EV indicator. I'll have to settle for that.

11. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i guess so

12. Cateran

Cateran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, actually, the decoder is already built in on the board of the speed meter. All you need to do is to seek it out and rebuild the layouts with some modifications.

BG7virx.jpg p1.JPG led-a.JPG p01.JPG p02.JPG

RobH likes this.